Welcome to the Modern Army Combatives Course
1. Welcome to the 138th Regional Training Institute’s (RTI) Combatives Level I Course. You have been selected to attend this course to train in Modern Army Combatives and will be expected to return to your unit with this knowledge to assist your commander in developing a sustainable Combatives Training Program. This is a very fast paced course and physically demanding. At the completion of this course you will receive a completion certificate. It is your responsibility to inform your unit upon your successful completion of this course so they can document this in your unit records.
2. The following information is provided for student preparation:
a. Training Dates:
b. Reporting Time: NLT 0700, Day 1 of the Course
c. Location: 138th RTI, BLDG 5, CAJMTC
d. Uniform: ACU, mouth guard
(1) Students must provide a copy of their orders, a completed pre-execution checklist (TRADOC FORM 350-18-2-R-E, Apr 2009) with their commander’s signature, completed Injury Screening Form, DA form 705 (Required 70 or above on all events within prior 6 months of reporting), completed student information form, volunteer memorandum and a current DA form 5500 with passing height weight upon reporting.
(2). Students are required to bring a personal mouth guard (preferably the molded type) to attend this training. Groin protection is also recommended.
(3) Haircuts and uniforms must meet standards of AR 670-1.
(4) Pin-on awards and devices will be removed, pockets will be empty.
(5) Finger and toe nails must be trimmed short prior to reporting.
(6) Jewelry and watches will not be worn.
f. Quarters: BOQ/Barracks are available upon request at HQ 138th RTI, Camp Atterbury. Requests for quarters should be made NLT 1600 3 Dec 10 (see POC below). Students will be responsible for their own transportation to and from class location. Students residing within commuting distance will be authorized HOR.
g. Mess: Meals are not available. Letter of NON-Availability will be given to all students.
h. Payroll: Responsibility of individual’s unit of assignment.
3. Course Requirements: Students must attend all scheduled training and successfully complete all practical exercises in order to graduate. Mission 2 or more missed hours of instruction will result in disenrollment.
4. Students attending will be required to weight in and tape if necessary, students failing weight and tape will be dropped immediately.
5. Students will also be required to produce current DA form 705 within the last 6 months with a passing score of 70 points or more per event. Students failing to produce will be dis-enrolled form the course.
6. Point of Contact: Combatives Course Manager: 812-526-1499 ext 2296.